Sunday 17 November 2013

Once more with feeling...

Hello again, sorry it's been a long while since I've been on and posted anything new up, I've been quite busy with life getting in the way, but once again I'm disentangling from the mess that is said life and bringing you up to speed with all things Khador, today I'm going to very brielfy go over a few interesting thoughts I've had from the play through I had using Butchers latest incarnation, I've got to say he puts a whole new spin on the word terror.

The First Look

Looking at Butcher at a glance he's not changed too much in his basic stats, his focus is stable once again, he's lost a few warjack points, though the war argii, which I'll mention later do make up for that, but that aside he is the same old Orsus Zoktavir we've come to know and love or loathe dependent of which side of Lola you happen to be on. However, take a look at his spell list and you have a recipe for some very nasty tricks. Firstly, Energiser to give a little extra movement, Flashing Blade to make slicing units that little bit eaiser on your focus, Impending Doom to bring your opponent's units closer to you and Obliteration, because you can't have Butcher without it. Tag on his newest feat and Butcher is a terror generating machine, replenishing focus and making all command checks in Butcher's melee range to fail is just horrible, especially if your opponent is fielding an army lacking in high command or fearless. Having tried him out once I can say that while Butcher3 is essentially a one trick pony (essentially use your army to deliver Butcher to your opponent's doorstop and tear face) he is still a very fun caster to play and I'm sure we'll see a lot of him in the coming year.

Then you have the Argii, not as good as Circle's beasts, for obvious reasons, however with the unit (Butcher and the argii pair) having Vengence they give some flexibility, either to throw the dogs forward or screen Butcher as they're all on medium bases, additionally they have the ability Gang to give the Argii the ability to guard against sneaky assassination attempts, though I wouldn't count on it, having seen the mounted Daughters of the Flame that Menoth have just recieved (truly horrible, unless you can use terror ;)).

Thats unfortunately all I have currently, hopefully I'm aiming to get a little more gaming time in so hopefully I'll be able to start putting more articles out, also having picked up a Cygnar force that I previously passed on to a friend I hope to put out some articles regarding Cygnar models from a Khadoran players view point, but for now keep on reading and keep on playing ;) hopefully shouldn't be as long between the next post and this one

No comments:

Post a Comment