Tuesday 12 March 2013

Journeyman Battle Report 15 Points pIrusk Vs pVayl

My second journeyman match and my first match against Legion. I have very limited experience with Legion other than knowing Shredders (Lesser Warbeasts with a lot of bite) can tear jacks a new exhaust port and then some. My list remained the same as my previous match, but for those who haven't read that report here is my list

Khador

pIrusk (+6 WJPs)

Beast 09 (11)

Doom Reavers (6)
UA (2)
Saxon Orrick (2)

Legion (I don't know the points values)

pVayl

Proteus
Shredder
Shredder
Shredder
Shredder

Sheperd



I lost the roll off and my opponent deployed in a line with two shredders on each end with Proteus in the centre, Vayl on one side and the Sheperd on the other, exactly in the centre of his deployment area. My deployment was similar to my previous deployment with Beast parked right on the edge of my deployment on my right flank and as my opponent had no advanced deployment I deployed my Doom Reavers and axon Orrick to the left of Beast.

Legion Turn 1

My opponent ran his army forward with Proteus at the front and Vayl flanked on her left with two shredders shielding her.

Khador Turn 1

Given my limited experience teaching me that being cautious was best against such an army Saxon Orrick walked forward into a ruin and then used his Reconniasance action to grant Pathfinder to the Doom Reavers, in turn the Reavers ran straight along the table edge with a view of running next turn to close on Vayl. Irusk walked forward casting Superiority and Inhospitable Ground, hoping to slow down my opponents army. Beast then ran forwards to shield Irusk.

Legion Turn 2

My opponent chose to walk forward with Vayl casting Leash on Proteus and Chiller as well as using one Shredder's animus on Proteus and placing a fury on each Shredder bar one.

Khador Turn 2

Once again I upkept Superiority and I advanced cautiously and made a big mistake, pushing Beast far off to my left, thinking he'd be out of range of any reprisals next turn. Saxon walked and used Reconnaisance on the Doom Reavers again who ran to the hill placing them within charge range of two Shredders and more importantly Vayl. Irusk then walked forward and once again cast Inhospitable Ground, to allow me another turn.

Legion Turn 3

Proteus activated, walking forward then using his shooting attack to drag Beast to him and then set about taking all except 10 boxes off Beast, then a Shredder charged and finally killed Beast off, losing me the game.

Going into this match I was well aware I was at a serious disadvantage, given I had one warjack, comapred with my opponent fielding five warbeasts, also I was facing legion for the first time. I must say that I was very much out played in this instance and it was a fight on my opponent's terms rather than mine as I was playing into my opponent's hands by not playing to my armies strengths and hitting my opponent's army before it hit me. So having played my two journeyman league games I am beginning to understand how Irusk works, but theres a way to go yet and I am well aware theres a lot more to add to this army so I remain happy that it'll work well and I'll be able to make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment